Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Snow on the range

Yesterday, Chuy helped me decorate our tree. He had fun playing w/ the lights, but almost chewed them up, like the cat in National Lampoon's Christmas vacation who got electrocuted, and that was not a pretty site. Anyway, these lights all worked, unlike the other 2 strands we had, so our tree looks very festive. It's not finished yet, but it has white lights and gold and silver ribbons on it. It smells so fresh too. And boy do those Scotch Pines drink a lot of water! Whoever said they'd drink as much in the first 24 hours as in the next week was right. I poured another 2 quarts into the bowl not even 2 days later.

Woke up to some dusting of snow this morning at 29 degrees, but it's supposed to warm to 37 later today. I think I'm ready for this snowy season, but I'd like us to find our box of hats and scarves soon! I've resorted to wearing some of Greg's collectible soccer scarves instead because those are the only ones I can find. And to think, winter isn't officially here until December 21st.

We're looking forward to this month filled with parties, babysitting, and singing gigs for Greg's Quartet, the AKAfellas. It's always fun for me to hear them sing. They're recording again tonight. My favorite song that they sing is Rich Mullins' "Screen door (on a submarine)." Their next "gig" is at the Christmas party at the retirement home of my friend, Wilma, on Dec. 11th. It'll be fun to see how that audience likes their harmony.

No comments: