Monday, March 13, 2006

Amy's 30th

We went to the Claddagh for dinner and then bowling for Amy Riego's 30th birthday party. The food was good, and the Bailey's cheesecake was beautiful!

Greg liked the plaque in the party room that he thought his mother would like. She never knows a stranger, always making new friends. :)

At the bowling alley, I didn't capture Greg's many strikes on film, or the 3 times he had to rescue my ball that got stuck in the gutter. But I did catch Amy blowing out the candles on her cake. She needed some help from her cousin Nancy.

It was a fun, yet exhausting night. Who knew you had to be in such great shape for bowling? With Greg's great coaching, I threw 2 strikes in 2 games! :) WooHoo!! I think I've overcome my fear of bowling from when I was 9 yrs. old at the bowling alley in Mosquite, TX, w/ my dad and the 9 lb. ball slipped off of my hand and I flung it backwards into the seats where his friends and their kids were sitting. I was SO embarrassed, I didn't want to ever bowl again! No mishaps like that one this time, but I only used a 10 lb. ball. :)

No comments: