Saturday, February 9, 2008

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge for Wives: Day 2

Eventhough I'm already behind schedule for this 30 day challenge, I wanted to post it as I'm able to read it. I'm not online everyday, so when I am, I'll post that day's challenge. I have to admit that I already broke the goal of not saying anything negative to my husband, today. I just lost my temper when we were running late to a party, and got short with him. But I do remember the encouragement, that my friend told me in her e-mail, "you don't have to be perfect," so I'm going on that note and getting right back on track again. I try to apologize for my mistakes and add some encouraging words. Maybe I'll get used to the positives and hold my tongue before the negatives come out. It has been better for my heart to take those thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5). It's a daily lesson and a daily reminder, but I'm determined to do it!

Here goes for day 2. It's late and the day is about over, so I'll sleep on this one and try to practice it tomorrow. We have a busy day with Jonah's 9 month pictures after church and it's supposed to be subzero wind chill tomorrow, so we'll just have to bundle everyone up. This one will be a challenge for me, because when it's cold, I tend to complain. So I'll have to work really hard to be positive!

Day Two:"...through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b
How did you do yesterday with your first day of blessing and encouraging your husband? Was it easy? Was it hard to hold your tongue when you wanted to say something negative? We hope you're off to a good start. (If you blew it, don't give up - start again today!) There are so many practical things you can praise, if you look for them.


Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!

Maybe your husband's not a handyman, but does he run errands for you? Let you go first? Take care of you when you are sick? Help you make decisions? Praise him for his willingness to serve others. Let him know that you see his unique service as a great strength.

No comments: