Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cruising, crawling...I can't keep up!

Jonah at 10 months.


Jonah's been crawling for almost a month now, and today, I think he's doing double time! I mean, one second he's sitting down, playing with the truck, and the next 2 seconds, he's 10 ft. away standing up at the window looking outside. This time of his life is so fun for me, and for him too! He loves going where he wants to go, for the most part, and chasing Chuy (our dog) on his hands and one knee and one foot usually. He's like Curious George in all that he's discovering and learning and doing. He just won't sit still!

It's hard to get him to sit still for a picture.


Standing in his Easter suit.

Reading about what Jesus did.

Bowtie Eggs 1

Bowtie Eggs 2

Bowtie Pup

Bowtie Eggs 3

Bowtie Eggs 4


These were our attempt to take pics in his Easter suit (that he didn't wear to church because it was too cold outside). I think we'll have to go into a studio and get the free 8x10. Anyway, we're enjoying every minute of his new mobility! He's playing everything he can like a percussion instrument and loves to dance to the rhythm. Can't wait to see how he'll react to all their is to discover at the Children's Museum. We're planning to go tomorrow.

At least he's still napping twice a day. He doesn't want to nap, but he learns to obey Mommy. He's just about too big for the infant bathtub, but I didn't want to put him in the big tub yet. Greg just bought some tub gripper strips to help him from slipping and sliding in the tub. We may try the big tub tonight. I guess it's me who doesn't want to believe that he's growing that fast! Still nursing, but during the day he's running around so much that he doesn't want to stop for more than 2 min. to nurse. I guess that's good if I'm planning to wean him in a year. It's just hard for me realizing that he's growing up and doesn't need me as much anymore as his desire for independence is increasing with every "step" he takes.


I have a renewed sense of joy and confidence as I stay home with Jonah. I told Greg the other day, "Thank you for letting me stay home with Jonah." I know it's my calling and I'm so glad that it's part of God's design. I have a peace about it and working outside the home is the farthest thing from my mind. I'd miss watching him grow and learn and discover! Praise God for his design for mothers and fathers and families. He had such a perfect plan, and when we try to follow it, we can see the joy that was meant for us, without sin.

No comments: