Tuesday, June 10, 2008

About Amma

Amma is back in the hospital after she was home, after hearing about her condition (lung cancer) because there's no air conditioning and she was very hot and uncomfortable. Dr. Sun said that she was getting much worse and her dr. said maybe only a few hours more. Then Dr. Sun asked my cousins to sing to her the songs she used to sing to them in Japanese and she was happy and her condition improved a little. My uncle told my mom this too. Amma doesn't want us to rush to go back to Taiwan, but she wants us to take care of our own health first and take care of Jonah. Dr. Sun hopes that my mom will call because Amma can still hear. He said she is so strong and is still holding on because of something in her mind. They're having trouble figuring out what is in her mind because she can only nod and shake her head. I'm praying that she will open her heart and believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and that he can save her from death and give her eternal life with Him in heaven. I e-mailed that to him and asked them to please tell her that for me.

I called my mom and asked her to call and pray with Amma that if she believes in her heart and confesses with her mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, she will be saved. I also prayed that she would be able to share that with her, because I don't know if she's spiritually prepared to do that right now. She's at my sister's house playing with Calvin. I asked her to talk with Dolly about praying with Amma and to call even now. Dolly was in Crusade and went to China in college. I just keep praying, but I'm praying also that someone would share that with her, or that Jesus would speak directly to her heart through our cries. I'm thankful that He can change hearts, even in the very end.

No comments: